Pages

Sunday, May 25, 2008

blissblog

blissblog


I totally agree with you about the horrid Crouch/Marsalis cabal of backward lookers. But I actually don't think that a lot of the Miles electric music was actually very good. I just don't think the songwriting was that good. However, I think the songwriting of the three major bands that came out of those Bitches Brew sessions--Weather Report, Mahavishnu Orchestra, and Return to Forever--was often incredible. It was also quite original.

Also, if you're interested, I've used some new software out of Hungary to create my own music channel. It's called the Acid Jazz Channel. If you like acid jazz or jazz rock and think that a lot of those experiments worked pretty well, then you should like the acid jazz channel. You can find it here:

www.threeriversonline.com

and here:

http://www.threeriversonline.com/philsmusicshow.htm

No comments: