Pages

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Kos Comes to Pittsburgh and Why I'm Not A Fan of Kos

Well, my good friend Kos, who banned me from his site, is coming to Pittsburgh! South Side 7 pm. Well I think I can make that....Meanwhile, when I was in a bit of a vindictive mood I wrote this about Mr. Kos over at Max Sawicky's site. Its sort of why I'm not a big fan of Mr. Kos but I am interested in what he has to say. Really I am. Not buying that book though...

Well, my problem with Kos is that even though I've been a democrat much longer than he's been is that I've banned from his site as have many other people. In fact, not only have I been a democrat longer, I've never been dumb enough or murderous enough to join the US Army where I would be killing people for vague or spurious reasons. Of course, he says he was a republican when he entered the army and I sometimes think with these widespread purgings that perhaps he truly never left the fold.

Some of us are also annoyed that he seems to fit quite comfortably within the DLC mold. I don't know if you've watched the primaries but even if the dems overcome the fixed machines--which I doubt--it will be a DLC dem majority. O happy day. It would have been nice if the leading left bloggy voice out there had supported more progressives. (
Editor's note: Like Chuck Pennacchio. Yes he was a long shot but you wouldn't have cringed whenever you watched him debate on Russert....Atrios....who, like Kos, didn't support Chuck.)

And finally, some of us are annoyed that he's been hostile to the vote fraud story. Even if you don't agree with the story you need to debunk it, otherwise everything you're working for on the left means nothing. You're just going to continue losing close elections. I mean, you could draw a graph showing direct correlation between the use of these new machines and the rise of the Republican majority. True, Bradblog and Crispin Miller and Fitrakis have their own online forums but it would be nice if the Cadillac of the Scooped software folk could get behind the bandwagon. Of course, that silly book that Kos wrote and that I'm not buying doesn't mention the vote theft issue as The Issue. Perhaps its jealousy. And at this point, I wouldn't put it past him.

So those are my complaints about Kos from the Left. My two cents so to speak..

Philip Shropshire
www.threeriversonline.com
Philip Shropshire | Homepage | 06.22.06 - 12:54 am | #

No comments: