Pages

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Final Thoughts About Chuck Penn Campaign and Thanks For Nuthin' Atrios

As I write this, I'm guessing that Chuck Penn didn't win. That's probably because 90 percent of the voting public doesn't know who he is. (By the way Atrios: Thanks for fuckin' nuthin. You and the Kos have disappointed me to no end in your support for Casey (more Kos) and refusal to do anything for Chuck Penn. You coulda ran a fuckin' ad. You've been working nonstop against the guy in Connecticut working to overthrow Leiberman but nothing for the progressives in your own state? What do we tell this small faction of women voters Pennsylvania, who only make up half of the fuckin' electorate...! I can't work for Casey (I can't see voting for him either) and I seriously wish Kate Michelman would reconsider her third party run...In fact, I could work for just about any serious Third Party run and it would have to be serious because you need about 70000 signatures to get on the ballot....Look: Casey isn't a guy who's going to help dems. He's the guy who switches parties in order for the GOP to keep their majority, all for imaginary Jesus of course....)

Now, Chuck did have a few flaws. He was just a terrible fundraiser. Of course, had the netroots chipped in, say Kos and Atrios, who knows how much he could have raised. He also didn't try my plan--simple version: replicate ACT in at least Philly and Pittsburgh-- which, on paper anyway, could have raised his name recognition and put him in a position to win. My plan only cost about 10 to 30 thousand dollars by the way. But he never tried it fully. Paying one guy (me) to canvass in the city isn't enough. And I think he abandoned it once I left the campaign. I can now state that his secondary plan wasn't very good, unless its for running again in the future, which I would hope that he would do. He was having trouble meeting my massive $200 a week salary. Not good at fundraising.

I'm very proud of the candidate and the fact that he stood for something. I just wish YouTube had peaked two months ago. That's what the FCC was worried about in retrospect. Thousands of websites running television ads that had the same reach as TV...all for cheap. That would mean you wouldn't need big donors to run campaigns, which would be quite a shame, which I'm sure is what the FCC was thinking....

As for the krazy Jewish conspiracy idea I had in my had head...well, why else do you push a pro life guy in a blue state? (The machine guy they should have drafted was Mark Singel, betrayed by Bob Casey's father by the way...) Because the machine guy will back the war--which, and here's the conspiracy part, the Jewish Democratic congressional delegation secretly and not so secretly likes--and get the money from the Jewish donors, who, according to Alexander Cockburn, dominate Democratic Party fundraising. Of course, in my overall drug fueled Oliver Stone conspiracy theory, American Jews are the Mentats and the Money Men behind the party. Both of the men responsible for taking back the majorities in the House and Senate are Jewish. Rahm is a former Israeli soldier for god's sake....

I guess the question is: what if they've joined the other side? What if they want to reward the Republicans for fighting proxy wars on behalf of Israel? And as I've mentioned before, if your people had been through a holocaust would you be more likely to overreact or under react to possible threats? I think you would overreact. Of course, that's just my crazy opium fueled fantasy scenario...then again, Bob Casey is about the one Democrat that I think Rick Santorum could beat. I mean, Casey lacks Ron Klink's charisma or anyone else's charisma for that matter. Just a horrible candidate. In fact, if you had switched sides, you really wouldn't want the Democrats to take power, ever. You would sabotage their efforts in fact, work for their weakest candidates, never offer clear contrasts, etc.... I'm hoping I'm wrong...Bottom Line: I'm having a hard time even trying to conceptualize a vote for Bob Casey. It wrecks the Democratic Party coalition.

No comments: