Pages

Friday, May 20, 2005

More On PennEnvironment

So I quit my job at PennEnvironment after four days. My freelance writing work had picked up so I didn't need the job anymore, even though it was a great workout. More on my brilliant career at PennEnvironment, later. The main issue they were canvassing on had to do with mercury reduction in the state of Pennsylvania. Or, to sum up a long story, they were working so that the state could pick up the slack after the feds decided that they would no longer pursue their old goal of 90 percent reduction of mercury--backed by many Republicans by the way. I never thought that was much of an issue to canvass on because all Ed Rendell has to do is ask the person he appointed to head the state's Department of Interior to follow a higher standard. Kind of a no brainer during an election year. And sure enough, that's just what Rendell did. There's some PennEnvironment/PennFuture commentary in this Philadelphia Inquirer article. They're not entirely happy. I'm not sure why they aren't. More later.

No comments: