Pages

Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Newest Chuck P News Roundup

Chuck P. News

I was at senatorial candidate Chuck Pennacchio's Pittsburgh meeting a week or so ago. I haven't said a lot because local bloggers kind of had it covered. You can get the Comments from Left Field viewpoint here, or the Froshy point of view here, or the 2 Political junkies point of view here, and the Urban Democracy point of view here (a report from Erie) and here. By the way, the woman behind Urban Democracy organized the get together. Apparently, the candidate even stayed over night at her place. I'm not sure I want to know a candidate that well unless it's the governor of Michigan. And like the Comments from Left Field guy (who, unbeknownst to me, I had met when I was working for ACT last summer) the quote of the night was: "If you elect me to the U.S. Senate I will be on the losing end of more 99 to 1 votes than any Senator in history." I think that you need grounded progressives (who actually believe in what they're saying) to take on the very dangerous Republican extremists in both the House and the Senate. I suppose I have some more things to say but I'll keep those thoughts private.

I do have to confess: If someone had put people against the wall and challenged me to attach the people to the blogs they run, I would have picked the guy who runs Froth Slosh B'Gosh correctly out of the crowd, even though I am jealous of his beautiful tri-colored business cards.

No comments: