Pages

Thursday, May 07, 2009

My Initial Commentary on the Police Shootings

ITEM: I have a lot to say about the shootings but no time to fully articulate what I'd like to say. Quick points: person I most wanted to hear from is Froth because he's a cop. I think he works for the county sheriff's department. He has good responses here and here. Two: The Hate speech that people like Limbaugh and Savage and Beck push has dangerous consequences. It's not harmless. Three: The shootings here and in New York State aren't good arguments for the control of either guns and/or body armor. Prohibition doesn't work for liquor or drugs and it won't work for guns either. In fact, I think widely available and cheap body armor is the answer to the gun problem. Four: while the choice of action by the gunmen is unquestionably racist and deranged the anger at its base is unquestionably real. More on this when I have time...

No comments: