Pages

Friday, August 04, 2006

June 20 Posts

June 20

Quick round the Internets:

Complete list of Proud to have been banned from Daily Kos gifs. In retrospect: I probably was eligible for seven of them...

Bradblog talks about town meetings to get a recount in the Bilbray/Busby race.
Might be voting machine shenanigans and/or tomfoolery here in Pittsburgh. From 2 Political Junkies.

And Kennedy hints at legal action. I hope it will be in time for the 2008 elections. Please pick your judges carefully.
Palast on how the GOP has stolen millions of black votes. Short version: There should be rioting in the streets. I mean, if you're going to riot then this is a good reason to do so. If the GOP hadn't illegally stolen and suppressed the black vote in 2000 and 2004 then the Republicans probably would not be in power. This is what they call an "Act of War". Of course, there isn't an independent black press to report on this issue. They're all owned or run by the GOP. (I know Scaife has his claws in the Courier, just don't know how much. Not that he needed too many claws with pro life, pro clinic bombing editor Rod Doss at the helm.) And our friends in the corporate press, which won't touch the very minor "your elections have been hacked" story won't put it out there. Don't hold your breath for the corporate media to do its job. Even my fave PG columnist Gnarls Barkley hasn't written anything about it.
Beautiful fractal vid done by an amateur. (The Joy of the Internets.) Features great acidy jazzie Boards of Canada tune Crossposted at Cyborg Democracy. I believe that this is the music of the Future.

Your Sunday Atheism Service. Part Two of Richard Dawkins' "Root of All Evil". Apparently, religion is a malicious virus that some people don't outgrow, thereby short circuiting their capacity to think rationally. I did not know that.

June 18

That's a picture of my late father (John Shropshire) that I drew on a computer a long time ago. I miss him. Could use his wisdom right about now. I have always believed that you can solve problems nonviolently. But if the vote is compromised, and I think that it clearly is (note for clueless dems who don't know this yet: people who have legitimately won the vote welcome recounts. It just reaffirms their victory. Judge for yourself what the Republican response has been and act accordingly.) you've lost 99 percent of what you can do nonviolently. More stuff about Pop: he was a conscientious objector during the Vietnam War, was a pro football prospect, and had great taste in books. I stole lots of books from him: all of his Frantz Fanon and the speeches of Malcolm X. He was a cool guy. Miss him.

"Thumb" by Dinosaur Jr. I really like the unison flute/guitar playing.

No comments: