Pages

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Breaking News: Pacifica Announces its Purple Strategy

Oh my God. I'm going to actually break some national news, or at least news you won't see in other media outlets. This is a first for the paper I think. I hope it's not the last.

Here goes: Pacifica announces its Purple Strategy. From their website and the letter I received in the mail, go check out the Pittsburgh Progressive section. Short version: They're trying to raise a million dollars in order to affect the 2006 elections in swing areas around the country. I suppose they figure if people can hear a progressive message perhaps they'll vote that way.

Out here in Swissvale, I don't get the radio station that carries Amy, nor does my seldom used public channel carry Democracy Now, and of course Adelphia doesn't carry Link (which shows Democracy Now five days a week) or the BET on Jazz channel, which makes me want to rip out my hair as well. So, here's to expansion.

No comments: